strange nested groups behaviour

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Sep 10 09:10:54 EDT 2007

On Sep 10, 2007, at 7:31 AM, jbv wrote:

> Jan,
>
> it's me again... I'm afraid your solution doesn't work
> with more than 2 levels of nested groups with similar names....

It you always start with the long id of the target and then delete 4
words for each level you want to move up in the hierarchy you will be
safe.

put the long id of the target into theID

delete word 1 to 4 of theID -- gives the owner

delete word 1 to 8 of theID -- gives the owner of the owner

.. etc.

IMO "the owner" should work in your scenario but it doesn't.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems