strange nested groups behaviour

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Mon Sep 10 07:31:38 EDT 2007

Jan,

it's me again... I'm afraid your solution doesn't work
with more than 2 levels of nested groups with similar names....

> The solution is to work with the long ID of the object
> itself. The long ID of the owner is then word 4 to -1
> of this long ID.
> This trick resolves the name ambiguity.

Here's the situation :

I have
    group "search1" (id 1021)
        which contains group "date" (id 1038)
            which contains field "day" (id 1029)

and
    group "search2" (id 4334)
        which contains group "date" (id 4335)
            which contains field "day" (id 4336)

if I type in the msg box :
    put the long id of owner of fld id 4336

it returns :
    group id 1038 of group id 1021 of card id 1002 of stack ...

But
    put the long id of the owner of grp id 4335
returns
    group id 4334 of card id 1002 of stack ...

Conclusion, I need to rename my groups "date" to "date1",
"date2" etc.

Best,
JB