strange nested groups behaviour

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Mon Sep 10 05:55:43 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I'm facing a strange behaviour regarding nested groups.

I have a substack that contains 12 groups named "search1" to
"search12". Each group contains various objects (exactly the
same kind of objects in the same order with the same names),
among which is a group "date" that contains 3 fields named
"day", "month" and "year".

Here the strange behaviour : if I put in grp "date" of any grp
"search" the script line :
    put the owner of me
it always returns the right group name ("search1", "search2" etc)

BUT when I put the following script line in each field of groups
"date"
    put the owner of the owner of me
it always returns group "search1" !!!!!!!!

Any idea of what's happening ?

Thanks in advance,
JB