Mac OSX simulated toolbar

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Sep 9 11:18:05 EDT 2007

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 07:07:34 -0700 (PDT), Lynn Marie Peterson wrote:

> Hi folks ~
>
> Before I possibly re-event the proverbial wheel, has anyone tackled
> simulating the Mac OSX toolbar yet? Something that mimics the Human
> Interface Guide for Apple's own XCode NSToolbar, etc.?
> I've searched all the Rev sites I can think of for posts or example stacks
> to no avail so far.  I'd really like to incorporate this in my OSX apps, but
> didn't want to start from scratch if I didn't need to.

Lynn, I've looked into it, and even have a cobbled-together version
partially working, but (a) it's not ready for public consumption, and
(b) there's one aspect of the OS X toolbar that can't be simulated
properly - the "Configure Toolbar..." menu item (it's sheet that drops
down from *below the toolbar*, not from the titlebar), and even if that
*did* work, dragging and dropping items into and out of the toolbar is
going to be painful....

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com