Window Sizes on Different Macs

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Sep 7 23:29:57 EDT 2007

Recently, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> I think I have a lot to learn about resolution and differences
> between displays.  I developed a stack that is 887 x 657 on an iMac
> with a screen that is  1920 x 1200.  I transferred the stack to work
> to use on an older iMac whose display is 1024 x 768.  What happens at
> work is that the width of the stack displays fine but a strip along
> the bottom (with all the darn buttons) is cut off.   Should I have
> known that this would happen?  What am I doing wrong?

Either my math is wrong or your measurements are off.  You say your stack is
657 pixels high, and your old iMac screen is 768 pixels high.  You *should*
have 111 pixels to spare (minus the height of the menubar) for displaying
your stack.  The only other thing I can think of is perhaps checking the
windowBoundingRect property.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director