Tray icon transparency (XP and Vista)

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Sep 7 12:58:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:11:37 +0200, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use the 'icon' unsupported feature and even if I would be pleased
> with some features added (like being able to bold a menu item, to
> call the menu using a left click, etc.) I wonder why the 16*16 pixels
> PNG (with transparency) I use is perfectly displayed everywhere
> except in Win tray where transparency is lost and replaced by solid
> colors?
> Any hint would be greatly appreciated :-)
>
> PS. Same issue on XP SP2 and Vista.

Also, if for some reason you can't get Rev's 'icon' feature to do what
you want, or you want to be able to have the tray icon exist even if
your Rev app is closed, you might want to take a look at STSTray if you
haven't already:

  http://www.sonsothunder.com/products/ststray/ststray.htm

It might just do what you want it to do...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/