slash in file name on OS X

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Wed Sep 5 20:20:08 EDT 2007

Josh Mellicker wrote:
> If there is a slash in the file name on OS X, Revolution replaces it
> with a colon ":"
>
> Unfortunately, this means the file cannot be found.
>
> Of course, replacing colons with slashes doesn't help, since Rev
> interprets this as an extra folder.
>
> Has anyone solved this problem?

Hi Josh,

My solution: disallow slashes in filenames.

Rev lets you detect slashes in filenames (by listing the files in a folder for
example) but doesn't let you [successfully] reference files whose names contain
them.

Slashes aren't allowed in filenames on Windows IIRC, so if you're making a
multi-platform thing you'll need to deal with it there anyway.

I don't know a workaround.

Phil Davis