[Not Quite OT] Possible Fix for PNG Color Shift

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Sep 5 18:01:47 EDT 2007

Greetings List:

For any of you who work a lot with PNG images in your stacks (or elsewhere),
you might be familiar with the slight color shift that is often introduced
into the files by the apps that generate them (Adobe apps are some that
cause this problem, as well as inconsistent PNG support in Web browsers).

Recently I came across a free Windows application called PngOptimizer that
removes what it calls "useless" information from PNGs, making the images
display as expected.

http://psydk.org/PngOptimizer

Drag any files from the desktop onto the running app, and it creates new
files with the extraneous data removed.  I've tried half a dozen
apps/plugins that claim to solve this problem, but in my initial tests, this
one seems to work.  YMMV.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director