Persistence options in standalones

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:52:12 EDT 2007

On 9/4/07, Mick Collins <mickclns at mac.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I know data can be saved, changed, appended to, etc in text files and
> stacks from standalones, but are there any options for having
> persistent data in standalones that do not require additional files?

If you go to Standalone settings -> Stacks, there is a checkbox
labelled "Move substacks into individual files". This saves each
sub-stack into it's own .rev file with only the mainStack being part
of the application file. Then all stacks apart from the mainStack are
writable.

On Mac OS X, this is neat as everything is hidden inside the
application bundle. On Windows & Linux I'm not sure what happens.

You might find this article helpful:
<http://www.revjournal.com/tutorials/saving_data_in_revolution.html>

Cheers,
Sarah