Remote MAC address on Windows

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 15:48:41 EDT 2007

--- "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to obtain the MAC address of a server
> from a client
> machine on a Windows LAN?
>
> Some web research suggests that the arp command will
> give what I want,
> but when I run it in the command line it says there
> are no arp entries,
> even if I successfully ping the server first.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |

Hi Jacque,

Qory to be so late with this, but have you considered
executing a VBScript by means of a shell command?
Here's the first entry of a google for "mac address
vbscript":
<http://www.winforums.com/showthread.php?t=8842>

It seems it is possible to go through all the Windows
machines in a domain and obtain the MAC addresses of
each computer.

Hopàe this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====