Problem with revExecuteSQL

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Wed Oct 31 20:31:45 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am getting an invalid token error from revExecuteSQL, when I look
at the data being inserted, it contains a ":" character following by
a number (a date field in the form DD:MM:YY. How do I insert this data?

Here is the code:

  put "INSERT INTO " & theTableName & " (" & myTempKeyList & ") " & \
         " VALUES (" & myValueList & ") " into mySQLCode

     revExecuteSQL theDatabaseID,mySQLCode
     put the result into myResult

     if myResult <> empty then
       if myResult is not an integer then
         answer error "Error in UtilDBInsertRecord, revExecuteSQL:"
&& myResult
         breakpoint
       end if
     end if