Identify Intel processor under 2.6.1

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Wed Oct 31 20:11:59 EDT 2007

Ken,
Thanks, I am using a variation on your approach and it is working.  If
I recall correctly the shell call doesn't work in OSX 10.2, fortunately
only system versions above 10.4.9 can be used by Intel Macs so checking
the system version first eliminates that issue.  I'm just checking to
see if "Intel" is among the words returned by the System Profiler.  I
couldn't think of anything else in that short list that might return
"Intel"

Scott Morrow
Elementary Software
Now with 20% less chalk dust