Rev 2.8.1 NOT Leopard ready!

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Oct 30 11:59:55 EDT 2007

Friends,

anyone tried 2.9 in Mac OS X 10.5?

With every release, Apple, "fix" their UI. What was once aqua with a
unified pinstripe-happy solid UI, changed into a collection of strange
elements during the latest releases. We got like 10 types of buttons,
metal, aqua, paladium windows. With no rule when to use any of these
elements.

With this new release, Apple is unifying their windows, this is a step
in the right direction. All apps that rely on Cocoa and NIB files for
their UI will work out of the box. Revolution is not one of those
applications, a lot is done "by hand" in Revolution UI elements and
this needs to be fixed for it to work with Mac OS X 10.5.

It is probably an easy fix... we just need to wait a little.

Andre