Revolution Not Playing with Leopard

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Oct 28 02:26:41 EDT 2007

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:59:06 -0700, Michael Robinson wrote:

> I also jest installed leopard and all me buttons look like a windows
> program square and flat!.

This is one of the gotcha's so far in Leopard (I don't know if RunRev
can fix this), but if the button style you are using is "standard", but
the height of the button is more than 24 pixels, the style remains
internally as "standard", but it draws like a "rectangle" button.

The other three things I've found so far are:

1) Palettes/modeless/modal windows have a light blue background now
instead of pinstriped (so for those of us who have simulated the
pinstripe in toplevel windows, we'll have to check for platform now and
adjust accordingly).

2) The Option/Pulldown/Popup buttons now adopt the Leopard menu style
(i.e. rounded corners), but the ComboBox button doesn't (it still has
square corners).

3) The slider button has the top of the slider thumb clipped off in
Leopard.

I haven't seen or experienced any code-related issues in Leopard yet;
it's all been interface issues so far...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/