ANN: BvG Docu + Webnotes patched. (Was Re: The Documentation)

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Sat Oct 27 11:10:19 EDT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 12:16 AM, François Chaplais wrote:

> Le 27 oct. 07, à 06:54, Andre Garzia a écrit :
>
>> Hello Friends,
>>
>> I've patched BvG Docu + Webnotes to work with my new server. Those
>> wanting to see this system working need to download again, my new
>> server uses a different scheme for the FTP users so the old login
>> can't be used.
>>
>> More info and download at: http://andregarzia.com/docuwebnotes.html

> hello from paris. I just downloaded you stack, and the same problem
> keeps popping:
> If I use the stack as provided, it cannot access the documentation
> files because my configuration is not the same as yours
> (documentation files are not found)
> If I regenerate content, I lose the links to the webnotes.
>
> I do not know how you store the webnotes, but I think it would be
> same to reference them by keywords  and keywords kind, the same way
> they are indexed in the BvG stack.

François,

I had the same problem. To fix it you have to change a couple of
custom properties. Open the substack "DocsLib by BvG" from the
Application Browser. In the explanation field there is a section
called "Setup:". It contains information on what to change. I changed
the custom property docPath to point to the original location where
the BvG xml files had been created--in my case they were in ~/
Documents/My Revolution/Documentation. It's not in the Setup
instructions, but I also had to change the savePath custom prop of
the DocsLib substack. Then it worked fine.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University