The Documentation

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Oct 24 16:57:25 EDT 2007

Hi all

Incidentally I thought about all this when I created the BvG Docu
stacks last spring. However, I quickly came to the conclusion that it'd
be quite a large project to create a platform for a community driven
Documentation. There is open source web software out there for that
kind of stuff, and most of it is horribly complex, and not easily
adjusted for different needs.

I think that only a very good software base, with both a web and a rev
interface can gather enough followers to succeed. Making such a
software would need continuous work for around half a year (if I'd make
it (and I'm not known for doing continuous work)), with a large tail of
feature additions and bug fixes later on.

Unfortunately, past (not very user friendly) trials by other people
into a community driven Rev documentation have shown that there just
where not enough contributors in the rev developer community to create
a real documentation.

Therefore, I never really got the motivation to create even a design
document regarding my rev-internet-docu ideas. Personally, I don't
think anyone will make it, it's just too much hassle with few rewards.
Maybe someone crazy (like.. err, i mean OR Andre :P) will do additional
small trials, to be unused, or dwindle into obscurity.

So... Im out

But please try it yourself, because nothing beats having your own
experience. Also I'll of course be available if anyone needs help in
adjusting BvG docu or docslib. Or to contribute data entries when you
get something useful finished.

Björnke

--

official ChatRev page: