iSight, video Library

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Wed Oct 24 15:32:18 EDT 2007

I played around with the videopreview on a mac and post this short working
script in case someone wants to get into video preview

-- works on a mac, for windows syntax is a little different, see
Rev-documentation
-- create a stack, place a button on the stack, set script of stack to this
script
-- clicking button starts preview, clicking button with optionkey down stops
preview

local keepOnVideoIdleing
on mouseUp
  if the optionkey is not down then
    revInitializeVideoGrabber "videoWin","QT","300,300,620,540" -- size
320X240, coordinates refer to DISPLAY not stack
    --revVideoGrabDialog "" -- unblock when choosing specific settings like
source etc
    revPreviewVideo
    put true into keepOnVideoIdleing
    showThePreview
  else
    put false into keepOnVideoIdleing
    revStopPreviewingVideo -- isight LED goes off
    revCloseVideoGrabber -- video screen area is released
  end if
end mouseUp

on showThePreview
  if keepOnVideoIdleing is true then
    revVideoGrabIdle
    send "showThePreview" to me in 50 milliseconds
  end if
end showThePreview

Bernd Niggemann