Concatenate mp3-Files on Macintosh

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Oct 24 14:47:22 EDT 2007

Hi Richard,

> Hello list,
>
> I want to write a tool for Mac OS X, which asks for a folder with
> some mp3-Files within and after that concatenates them into one file.
>
> By googling I found this tip:
>
> 1. Place mp3s on Desktop
> 2. Open terminal and type cd Desktop
> 3. Type cat *.mp3 > giveitaname.mp3
>
> I tried and it worked.
>
> Now I want to script it in Revolution; as I don´t know anything
> about unix and shell and so on, may anyone helpfully tell me, how
> to script it:
>
> -----

Try this (not tested):
answer folder "Where are the mp3-files to Concatenate?"
put it into sourcefolder
ask file "What is the path to the resulting file?"
put it into targetpath
get shell("cd" && QUOTE & sourcefolder & QUOTE)
get shell("cat *.mp3 >" && QUOTE & targetpath & QUOTE)

You should check "the result" after each "get shell..."
It is EMPTY on succes, and not otherwise :-)

> Thank you for your help.
> Richard.

Regards

Klaus Major