Revolution => YouTube?

Erik Hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 17:45:58 EDT 2007

Merci M. Chaplais,

erik at erikhansen.org
http://www.erikhansen.org
http://youtube.com/profile?user=erikhans08
--

----- Original Message ----
From: François Chaplais <francois.chaplais at ensmp.fr>
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 10:21:02 PM
Subject: Re: Revolution => YouTube?

Le 8 oct. 07, à 23:26, Erik Hansen a écrit :

> Hello List,
> What is the latest on capturing your Revolution animation as a video
> file?
> It used to be "make a QuickTime movie, but your Windows viewer needs to
> install QT".
>
> The Windows Movie Maker guru suggests turning your clip into
> a Flash movie because YouTube does this anyway, and you get better
> results if you do it yourself. Is there a way to save a Rev animation
> as a Flash movie?
>
> If not Flash, then any video file would do.
> Import a file to Windows Movie Maker, then save in the Small 320x200
> resolution.
>
> To be specific, my app Choreographer moves buttons around to show
> choreography.
> I would like for dance team members to accelerate learning by viewing
> a movie of their routine.
>
> Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> says:
> "The common forms of e-learning deployment are definitely through a
> web browser.  If you have content that is aimed at a broad target
> market then this probably is the best solution."
>
> GregSmith  says:
> "Flash and QuickTime players come already installed in
> the most popular and current web browsers."
>
>  Judy reccomends: http://tutorialized.com/
> "Importing the video into Flash is simple. All you have to do is
> select "File > Import > Import Video...".
> You will then see an Import Video window appear."
>
> YouTube exposure would complement a browser, right?
> Eventually I would like for people to run Choreographer in Rev
> so they could choreograph interactively controlling speed, icons, etc.
>
> Thanks, Erik
>

> erik at erikhansen.org
> http://www.erikhansen.org
> http://youtube.com/profile?user=erikhans08

I have read that YouTube is progressively translating all of its videos
to H264 (Apple's preferred). YouTube accepts .mov files, and certainely
with H264 encoding. Moreover,  Adobe Flash support H.254 playback (see
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200708/
082107FlashPlayer.html ,
and the end of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H264 ) A safe bet seems to encode in H.264