Replacing a stack

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Tue Oct 23 08:08:38 EDT 2007

Epiphany!

Doesn't solve it, but explains it.

I think I know why the revert command causes the app not to launch.
The main app stack has this in its preOpenStack handler.  So when
this script is running nothing is open yet.  The objective is to
create or replace stacks if needed before anything else launches that
will use those stacks.

However, the pref stack has a caveat in it that if you attempt to
launch it and the main app is not open, it throws up an error and
everything quits.  The objective was to prevent the opening of the
supplemental stacks if the main stack wasn't also open.

So when I tell it to revert, it must be loading the openStack handler
of the pref stack, seeing that the main stack isn't loaded, and
quitting.

I have an idea for a workaround but must go elsewhere today.  Darn it
all!  I'd ruther be fixing this!

Shari
--
WlND0WS and MAClNT0SH shareware games