Faking A Real Table Object

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:17:14 EDT 2007

> I've created 5 fields each the width needed for a column and then
> grouped them together.  Since the columns (as originally drawn) we
> longer than the group, I get a scrollbar for the group but it only
> scrolls to the height of the fields.  Since the number of lines in the
> fields can vary from 2 to 200, I don't want to put 2 lines of data and
> 198 CRs in each field.
>
> I know someone has done this before where they attach a scroll bar to
> the right most column and then somehow get the other columns to move
> when it's scrollbar is moved.
>
> Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  If the group
> w/ scrollbar is the way to go, how can I dynamically expand the length
> of the columns (as the number of records varies) without moving the top
> of the field around on the card?

When I have done this, I don't use a group. I just give the right-most
field a scroll bar and have a scrollBarDrag handler that sets all the
other fields to the same scroll whenever it is changed.

You need to have this handler in all the fields because they might be
scrolled by a scroll wheel instead of by the scrollbar drag.

HTH,
Sarah