Faking A Real Table Object

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Mon Oct 22 10:57:49 EDT 2007

I'm trying to create a group that will act like a "real" table object
should.  In other words, I want to be able to align each column
individually.

I've created 5 fields each the width needed for a column and then
grouped them together.  Since the columns (as originally drawn) we
longer than the group, I get a scrollbar for the group but it only
scrolls to the height of the fields.  Since the number of lines in the
fields can vary from 2 to 200, I don't want to put 2 lines of data and
198 CRs in each field.

I know someone has done this before where they attach a scroll bar to
the right most column and then somehow get the other columns to move
when it's scrollbar is moved.

Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  If the group
w/ scrollbar is the way to go, how can I dynamically expand the length
of the columns (as the number of records varies) without moving the top
of the field around on the card?

Thanks for any help, pointers, etc you can toss my way.

Len Morgan