Revolution => Flash

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 20 12:09:56 EDT 2007

Mark,

> Do you think there would be a possibility to do this without Director?
You will find utilities that convert to SWF (like Video2SWF, SWFFork,
png2swf) that may do what you want.

I think what Andreas is describing could also be done by using the 'binary
write' capability of Rev that can generate the file that is the SWF (in this
case).  Flash and other products can export to the SWF format.  Check
version tracker and do a search.
Once you have the SWF file, you can do a hex dump from a word processor or
BBEdit, etc. to reveal the byte level strings that match the format. Use the
>> 1- Register and download the "File Format Specification" form Adobe
>> (when I did, I agreed not to share it, sorry)
>> 2- Take a look at the document to understand the "Tags" conformation.

There are commands in Rev that can work at the byte level,( and even the bit
level of a file format.. binaryDecode, binaryEncode) so the hexcode is your
oyster :-)

If you are always spooling out the same image library, then you could make
the correct file-write to match these in the final SWF.  Store the file
header and other parts of the SWF file in a stack.

However, Andreas may be going through a better process than I have described
to get results.

Hope this helps, and is not too far off a correct, workable answer.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas