creating scalable web application in rev using mod_load_balancer

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Oct 16 18:21:42 EDT 2007

On 16 Oct 2007, at 04:46, Chipp Walters wrote:
> Now, for the
> 'other' side of things. As a thought experiment, I would suggest a
> very plain Rev to Javascript GUI implementation which implemented only
> the following:

I've been thinking along similar lines, but translating Rev GUI to
Adobe's Flex format.

> I would utilize a subset of Transcript for basic business logic, along
> with a communication layer which helped move information back and
> forth to the server.

This is where my thinking usually stops. :-)

If this Transcript subset is too limited, you might ask why not code
the thing directly in JavaScript/AcionScript directly. I think most
of us enjoy Rev for the ease with which we can make fairly complex
things. Could we tolerate the restrictions?

How outlandish is the idea of a full (or reasonably full) Transcript
to JavaScript translator? Or a Transcript interpretor written in
Javascript? I'd wager $50 that it's impossible. Any takers?

Cheers
Dave