(OT) Parsing SQL space padded results in Rev]

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Oct 16 17:56:34 EDT 2007

Mikey wrote:
> Are you sure it's Kauai that's rainiest?  I thought the interior of
> Pohnpeii near Liduduhnlap had that beat by a fairly comfortable
> margin, at around 1400-1500 ipy.

Ha! if that's true then you are absolutely right.  it must be some
local "hype" ... but that claim has been tossed around a lot.

Of course, all bets are off now, with global warming, the saline
levels between the tropic of cance and tropic of capricorn are
rising to new levels, with all that evaporation, it's going all
have to come back down somewhere!

We will see these records broken again and again in our  lifetimes.

oopps  waaaaay OT now.

> Not that Kauai isn't spectacular, but I don't remember getting rained
> on as much as I did on Pohnpeii...or nailed by as many mosquitoes,
> either.

It's not a claim one wants... You can't even walk on the fields, the
sod is slippery like ice, tourist who spent $10M to bring their
families for a once-in-a-lifetime week on the Garden Island
are, well, less than happy...

now, about getting clean SQL cursor results with no space padding?