Revolution => Flash

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Oct 12 12:59:50 EDT 2007

Richard,

I agree with Luis, very well written!  Regarding a compelling must-have
business case to give you, well, there are a LOT of talented programmers
in this forum and I'd hate to miss out on a good idea (if you catch my
drift).

So, a simple question:  Why should Runtime Revolution build a plugin to
allow Revolution projects to be viewable on the web?

Answer:  Why should a company choose to program in Revolution when they
can use technologies that already work within a web browser?

The current software market suggests that "all-in-one" web solutions are
successful.  It's easy to suggest that due to the popularity of Google
Earth or Widgets that the web is dead, but it's not.  People still use
the web, and companies are still banking on 'web' products...

   Google Docs, http://docs.google.com
   Zoho, http://writer.zoho.com
   ThinkFree, http://www.thinkfree.com

   - And the not so obvious 'web products' -

   MySpace, http://www.myspace.com
   Facebook, http://www.facebook.com
   Google, http://www.google.com

I feel that developers need to realize that the web itself has become a
psudo-platform.  Revolution embodies the "Build Once, Deploy Everywhere"
motto, I think that the Web should be included in the 'Everywhere' part.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com