How know if a stack is maximized ?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Oct 9 15:21:43 EDT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 2:55 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Why not just save the rect of the stack when it closes, and restore
> that rect in the next session?
>
> What you need to do sounds much simpler than what Trevor's doing,
> since he needs to know state information after the state has
> changed.  But since you want to restore the last state, this would
> seem simple, no?

Currently I do nothing to take into account the maximized property so
it isn't too complicated :-) I do what Jacque does and just restore
the stack to it's last size every time. The examples I provided were
of some typical Windows applications and showed scenarios that we
have a difficult time duplicating without using externals. I haven't
finished implementing this behavior in my framework yet though it is
on a to-do list somewhere...

If I understand correctly he would still need a maximize property/
command (or external). To behave like IE or Firefox when the users
closes a stack window that was maximzed you would need to:

1) set the rect of the window to the last size the user had it set to.
2) set the 'maximized' property of the window.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems