How know if a stack is maximized ?, > Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosma

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Oct 9 13:18:30 EDT 2007

Hi Richard,

Le 9 oct. 07 à 18:11, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Wouldn't a stack be maximized when it's rect equals the current
> windowBoundingRect?

Yes I would have thought so too but, after many experiments, no :-(
I assume that the system takes into account possible window borders +
some 'cosmetic' margins depending on the system :-)
Actually if you maximize any window in any app with any system, it
will not fit the screen rect - window bounding rect.
Behavior is different between OSX and Win: when a window is maximized
on Win it's no longer resizable but you can resize it with Mac OSX
and even enlarge it!
So I agree: a new property (the maximized of <window descriptor>)
would be welcome.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.