Web-based Application in Revolution

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sun Oct 7 16:07:13 EDT 2007

Ruslan,

usually when building Revolution web aps, people use apache cgi interface,
so for each web request, apache will launch an instance of the revolution
engine. If you have two concurrent requests, you will have two instances
running. Each with their own V4REV external loaded. What happens if they
both try to access the same Valentina database.

SQLite have built in methods for locking the file if they are opened by more
than one application at the same time, so all transactions are atomic. You
still have the problem of one instance overwritting the changes of the other
instances, but you can guarantee that both accessess will happen and will go
thru without file corruption.

What I am to say is that using SQLite you can build a minimal web
application if you're clever enough to build a locking mechanism to prevent
overwritting other users changes. My SQLite will guarantee the transactions
or in other words, the multiple client access to the file.

Now, since I really like Valentina, can we do something similar with V4REV,
can more than one application access the same database file without using
Valentina Server?

Cheers

andre
Ruslan