SOAP Library

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Oct 7 00:13:03 EDT 2007

Mark-

> I work with a couple of SOAP services, and frankly, I'm with Dave in
> not really seeing the point of it. It seems to be a sledge-hammer to
> crack a nut.

> The approach I take is to make template requests with placeholders,
> store them in custom properties, copy them into variables and fill
> them in and post them as necessary. I then have handlers to deal with
> each type of response. It's quite a lot of work for a SOAP service
> with a lot of different methods, but you only have to address the
> particular methods you're interested in, and it works well. It
> doesn't produce a generalised SOAP library though.

I just posted a response to Dave before reading this one. Web services
seem to be one of those Web 1.5 things that never really caught
critical mass.

And I do the same thing you do: storing templates in custom
properties, then replacing key parameters before calling the library
routines.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net