How to tell is an "answer file" dialog is up?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 4 16:06:24 EDT 2007

In one of my apps I'm taking advantage of Rev 2.8.1's improved menu
updating to revise how I handle menu enabling and disabling.

I now have a generalized routine which takes care of the menu updates
based on the type of window which is front most:  one of my documents,
or a modal, or a sheet.

It's all working swell, with one exception:  What do I do when a file
selection dialog is up, such as with "answer file" and "ask file"?

I could go back through my code to all places where file selection
dialogs are invoked and disable items in advance, but that's not nearly
as clean as the method I have now which updates whenever anything in the
menubar is accessed.

Does Rev provide some way to know when one of the system's file selector
dialogs is displayed?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation