How to show a picture from a MySQL Database

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:05:07 EST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 12:28 AM, Horst <baleareninsel at gmx.net> wrote:

> working happy with mySQL since a few month now. But, I can´t figure out
> how
> to show a picture stored in the database. Don´t know if it´s base64
> encoded
> or not.

I assume that you are using:

revQueryDatabaseBLOB

Which is specifically used when you are going to refer to a record set that
may contain more than 64K of data, which pictures can easily be.

Conversely, have you tried:

revDataFromQuery

and given it a SQL command that will only return one record:

SELECT img FROM db WHERE id = 1234

Also after your revDataFromQuery make sure you:

put the result into checkErrors

If checkErrors doesn't contain an error message then you know that the data
was successfully extracted. So, if you still can't display the image, then I
suspect it is in a format that Rev doesn't natively recognise.

HTH