MySQL Driver for Linux CGI

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 22:52:00 EST 2007

Hey,
  After a small change in the way my website's files are arranged, some of
them have stopped working.  I have traced it to a problem connecting to the
database, which previously worked.  I get this error when running my cgi:

Failed to load dbmysql.so error dbmysql.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directoryfound /serverPath/cgi-bin/dbmysql.so
symbols -1208625966,-1208626080,-1208625994

The file that is is referencing is there, and the case in the filename is
correct.  When I move the dbmysql.so file, or change its case it gives me
this error:

Failed to load dbmysql.so error dbmysql.so: cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directoryError opening database: revdberr,invalid database
type

I can't make heads or tails of this.  It seems like it gives me the error
about there being no driver file when the driver is there, and the more
general error when the driver is not.
Both the engine and the driver were taken from the 2.6.1 distribution of
Revolution.  When I check "the version" it returns 2.6.6.  Both the engine
and the driver have their permissions set to 755.

  Thank You,
     Bridger Maxwell
     www.FieryFerret.com