Opinion: bug?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Nov 27 14:45:22 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007, at 12:32 PM, Mikey wrote:

> I just got hosed by what I would consider a bug in RR, but it probably
> bears discussion before reporting it as such.
>
> I created a new maintstack, did a fair amount of work on it, and then
> hit close.  I got the save/cancel/don't save dialog.  I hit Save.  The
> file Dialog came up and I accidentally hit "Cancel".  Instead of
> returning to the stack, it just blew the stack away.

I think you're right--it's a bug. No other application I know of
works this way. If you do Close - Save - Cancel it exits the save AND
the close process and puts you back in the document.

And it looks like RunRev agree with you. I just tried it in the 2.9
beta, and it works as expected--the stack doesn't close. In 2.8.1 it
worked as you described--after Close - Save - Cancel the stack closed.

> On the one hand (devil's advocate), I did hit cancel in the File
> dialog.
>
> On the other hand (what I would call the voice of reason), ARE YOU
> KIDDING ME?  I didn't hit "Don't Save".  I hit "Save".  I just hit
> "cancel" in the filename dialog.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay