Recording output sound

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 12:06:17 EST 2007

Glen,
Sorry for me that Eric beat me to it, but I have to second his suggestion of
using Ambrosia's WireTapPro.

I recently used it in in the following circumstance:

A child I call "foster-child" (now 14, perhaps not a child, really) managed
to do something profoundly stupid on mySpace and dropped the N-bomb on a
reputed Los Angeles-area gang member, who then called her house and made
threats on her family's answering machine (as well as reportedly tried to
attack her en-route to my children's elementary school, which really cheesed
me off, but that's another story)...

Anyway, I had her mother play back the message on my phone in speaker mode
and had my Mac laptop's microphone (external?  can't recall) pick it up
while running WireTapPro.  The results were really quite good.

The detective on the case thought so, anyway, so I hear...  WireTapPro will
use your Mac's internal or external speaker/mic system for recording and the
results are quite decent.  I forget what I paid for it, but it wasn't much.

Judy