problem with standalone mac->windows

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Nov 25 19:24:38 EST 2007

Peter Brigham wrote:
> OK, I have a stack with an option menu with a lot of entries in it,
> titles for moving to various cards. Selecting a title takes you to
> the appropriate card The menu behaves well when I create a standalone
> (on my mac iBook G4) for the mac, but when I tried the windows
> version of the standalone on a windows XP machine, the menu list runs
> down off the screen so you can't see the bottom part of the list at
> all, and you can't scroll the list by moving the cursor to the bottom
> of the screen or even by using the down arrow key. This makes it
> impossible to navigate to anything in the bottom part of the list.
> Anyone seen this before? How do I fix it?

What is the style property of the control, and what is the value of its
menuLines property set to?

I just made an option control and set the menulines to 40, and it works
well on XP:  when popped up while positioned lower in the display than
can accommodate 40 items, it positions the menu so that the bottom is at
the bottom of the windowboundingRect; no clipping at all, all parts of
the control available, responds well to arrow keys.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal