Setting paths to Externals

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Nov 24 02:31:27 EST 2007

Andre Garzia wrote:
> Aloha Sivakatirswami,
>
> the steps are easy. First, put the externals inside the bundle of the
> standalone. choose inspect the package from the finder and drop the
> external into the externals folder inside it.
>
> If you set the externals property of the stack right then it should
> just work. Remember the only time when you're allowed to bind an
> external is during the startup handler. you can't load externals
> during openstack or preopenstack or anything like that. Just during
> startup.
>
> So if you want you can put something like that:
>
> on startup
>  set the externals of this stack to ("libKiosk.bundle" & cr & "libKiosk.dll")
> end startup
>
> IIRC, you must set both a bundle and a dll even if the dll does not
> exist, but you're welcome to try without it.
>
> Om shanti
> andre

Andre:

we must be close... but: "No banana!"  (smile)

I.

added

on startup
 set the externals of this stack to ("libKiosk.bundle" & cr & "libKiosk.dll")
end startup

into the stack script

II.

made a standalone (which has some inclusions set in the Standalone
Config for this stack, including RevBrowser.bunde)

III. After the StandAlone was built I moved the "libKiosk.bundle" into
the package

GuestKiosk.app/Contents/Mac OS/Externals/libKiosk.bundle

IV. Quit Rev; booted the standalone

calls to libKiosk.bundle fail.

Are you sure we don't need a full path here:

on startup
 set the externals of this stack to ("libKiosk.bundle" & cr & "libKiosk.dll")
end startup

??

skts