Re-2: answer folder "sdsds";launch document it

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Nov 23 22:18:10 EST 2007

Klaus,

you can achieve the same result in Mac OS X with the following shell command:

cd /your/path/here; open .

It's cd to the folder you want and then execute "open .", open and a
space and a dot. This will open the folder in the finder.

In windows, I don't know but I bet it can be done with vbscript. And
it also can be done with applescript in mac os x with something like:

tell application "finder"
  reveal folder "my folder" in folder "my parent folder" in startup disk
end tell

Which I find rather cumbersome, why applescript do not support POSIX
folders? (actually I think it does, but I don't know how to use them.)

Cheers
andre