Setting Paths to Media in Standalone

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Nov 23 22:16:39 EST 2007

Jim Ault wrote:
> try
>
> effective filename
>
> and perhaps add:
>
> answer "The file path I am using as SA is " & cr & tPath
> --to see what is happening and ---------
> get tPath &"/" & "testFile.txt"
> put "test write" into url ("file:/"& it)
>
> if there is a file it then
>    answer "Successfully created a file" & cr & it
> else
>    answer "Could NOT create a file" & cr & it
> end if
> Could be a permissions issue.

Well it was two things. Copying files under from my machine to the Kiosk
machine and the files all  had me as the owner...

second thing was I got bit by the OS app=package=folder and filename
"is" deep inside here.

delete item -4 to -1 of tPath  gets you back to the proper enclosing
folder. After that, my movies started working.

But, I for the life of me I am unable to get the path to externals to
work... (see separate subject)