beta dp2

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 03:24:34 EST 2007

Very nice to see selection of database via query builder now working.  Fonts
still an issue on Debian, probably as noted in the release notes.  However,
the big one, which is not a bug really, though it is in the bug database, but
more a way of working, is that it still doesn't seem to support multiple
desktops.

Surely this is going to be a necessity with Spaces?

What I mean is, you put the dictionary on one desktop, your app and palette on
another, then open the editor on a third.  The thing you expect is to be able
to keep them there and work.  Just flip over to the other DT to look at the
dictionary when you want to.   Drag the windows around from one DT to another
using the little Gnome or KDE desktop device.  Every other linux application
behaves this way.  But with Rev, the minute you use either the editor or the
palette or the toolbar, back they all flick to the one desktop, and there you
are, half a dozen desktops open and empty, and all your windows scrunched up
one behind the other getting in each others way.

The little window placement icon on the very top left above the file menu is
there on all windows.  Its just that it only works temporarily.

I must try it with a tabbed window manager and see if the same problem
happens.  But whatever, it needs to work properly in the mainstream X Windows
environments.  Or is there some way of making it work properly that I'm
missing?

Peter