AW: Quicktime and Encoder

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Nov 20 03:55:33 EST 2007

Hi Josh,
having read a little bit more, H.264 seems to be a HD codec, if I am right.
Do you know, or do you have a feeling, if I can - or if it makes sense, to
use the H.264 codec to produce not HD material, captured with old PAL
standard 720x576 to an output format 384x288 just to get best video quality?

Or would Sorenson 3 VBR the choice in this case?

The QT help site tells, that Sorenson 3 is supported. Is Sorenson 3 VBR
another (not supported) codec or just some encoding parameters of Sorenson 3
which would also be supported by standard QT?

Thanks for any hints
Tiemo