Quicktime and Encoder

Henk van der Velden henk at iglow-media.nl
Mon Nov 19 13:32:29 EST 2007

On 19-nov-2007, at 19:00, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>> 2. Has anybody a personal quality comparison between the Sorenson
>> 3 codec
>> and the new H.264? Is H.264 actually now the "state of the art"?
>> Which codec
>> is the best quality choice in your eyes for offline content, no
>> streaming,
>> not worrying of the file size?
>
> Sorry, no idea :-)
If file size really doesn't matter, then why compress at all? Use DV-
PAL or the like..

>> 5. If you use a flash codec in a mov file. Has the output the same
>> quality
>> as a native flash movie? - In your personal experience
>
> No experience, sorry.
I'm no expert on flash video, but I seem to remember that Flash
initially used the Cinepak codec, and now also supports the H.264
codec. But QT can't play Flash movies. QT supports Flash files only
up to Flash 5 and Flash 5 only had very poor support of video.