Size of array

Troy Rollins troy_lists at rpsystems.net
Mon Nov 19 00:35:24 EST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 9:43 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> This might help as well; it was an article I wrote trying to compare
> Director's arrays with Revolution's, but it gives an "inside peek" on
> how Revolution sees/works with arrays:
>
>   http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/arry001.htm

Ken, I notice that the article, while correct, isn't actually
representative of how arrays are *actually* used in Director.

The article at one point says:
Director

set myList = [["Troy","Ken","Richard"],["Kevin","Jan","Judy"]]
put getAt(myList,2)
RESULT: ["Kevin","Jan","Judy"]
put getAt(getAt(myList,2),1)
RESULT: Kevin

While constructs like "getAt(getAt(myList,2),1)" would in fact work,
I have *never* seen anyone do that. Why would they?

They would instead do "myList[2][1]", which delivers the same
results, and is obviously a lot more clear in terms of targeting data.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.