(mac) application menu

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Nov 18 12:33:34 EST 2007

Bill Vlahos wrote:

 > On Nov 17, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> FWIW, I just created a new stack, added a menubar, and built a
 >> standalone, all using only Rev's default settings.  The engine
 >> responds to the OS' aevt/quit normally as expected, quitting the
 >> app without issue.
 >>
 >> The appleEvent handler is helpful if you need special behaviors on
 >> quit other than just quitting, but it seems the engine does the
 >> basics well on its own with nothing else required.
 >

 > I'm having the same problem which is still present in DP 2.9 b2. I
 > believe there are a couple of BZ tickets on this including one Ken
 > Ray created with me. It is a real problem and one I have not been
 > able to solve.

My first test was with the current shipping version, v2.8.1gm3.  I
generally don't post about unreleased builds to a public forum.

But since you asked, I just reran the above test in v2.9b2, with the
same good result: the application contained no scripts and quit as expected.

 > Perhaps I can talk to you offline?

If we're going to put the time into this I'd rather it benefit everyone.
  Can we just continue this diagnosis here?

The key difference here between working and non-working states seems to
be the presence of scripts which attempt to handle quit behaviors.

In your stack which is experiencing difficulty quitting, which messages
are you trapping and how are those messages handled?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal