Size of array

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Sat Nov 17 16:23:09 EST 2007

How big of an array have you created without noticing any reduction in speed?

I'm pondering the best way to store a large conglomerate of data, and
was hoping for a general guideline as to how humungous of an array I
could create without tripping over it.

I'm currently set up to break it into smaller pieces.  However, it
would be awesome if I could store the data all together.

The array would have about 300,000 pieces of data, broken into about
300 keys, each with 1000 bits of data.

Currently I have 300 separate arrays planned, only one being loaded
at any given time.

Have any of you worked with arrays this size?  Any speed issues?

Shari
--
WlND0WS and MAClNT0SH shareware games
BIackjack GoId