(mac) application menu

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 13:24:32 EST 2007

On 17 Nov 2007, at 18:28, Peter Brigham wrote:

> This must be a common need, so I imagine that there are well-
> established ways of handling it.

Yes it's a common need, but it's not documented, nor is there any
simple way provided build in. This and menu handling in general is why
I rarely ever make standalones at all.
Additional possible confusions arise when you quit an application, but
your shutdownrequest handler is not in the message path (for example
when there's a dialog opened).

> Could an error in those housekeeping routines somehow derail things
> so the "pass" command is never reached?

Yes, so make sure to always write bugfree code ;)

--

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers: