Is there such thing as a univeral abort command

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 01:47:56 EST 2007

--- "Mark E. Powell" <runrev at aboutmyfiles.com> wrote:
> Maybe a very simpleton question:  Is there a
> universal abort command that will stop (in a
> standalone) any running handler?  Or must each
> handler that I want to be abortable have some
> polling?
>
> TIA
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Apart from "quit", there's really no such built-in
command - so here's my best shot at such a command:

##
on GrindingHalt
  repeat for each line tPendingMessage in the
pendingMessages
    cancel item 1 of tPendingMessage
  end repeat
  get flushEvents(all")
  exit to top
end GrindingHalt
##

This will cancel all pending messages, eat all the
queued events, and finally exit to top, ending
whatever set of commands it was executing.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====