Stack Files Pane in Property Inspector

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:58:50 EST 2007

> I've been wondering this for a while. What is the "Stack Files" Pane
> or in the Stack Property Inspector?

If your stack has to use other stacks that are not in the same file,
it needs to know where to find them. This pane allows you to tell the
stack which other stack files it will need and then you can just refer
to them by their short name instead of having to tell the stack where
they are. For example, suppose I have a stack that uses a library
called "RevLibrary". The library is kept in
"Users/sarah/Documents/Libraries/RevLibrary.rev" folder and the stack
I am working on is somewhere else. If I use this pane to tell my stack
where the library file is, then I can just say: start using stack
"RevLibrary" or go to stack "RevLibrary" and not have to worry where
the RevLibrary stack actually is. Also, when a standalone is built,
this library stack will be included automatically.

Cheers,
Sarah