Windows Display Problems

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Nov 15 12:23:18 EST 2007

On 15 Nov 2007, at 16:40, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> I'm sorry too.
> I copied pasted the wrong line!
> You write:
>
>> send "ProgressUpdate "theProgressAmount" to stack "Progress"
>
> I just wanted to tell you that this above line can't work:
> Or you write 'send "ProgressUpdate theProgressAmount" to stack
> "Progress"'
> Or 'send "ProgressUpdate" && theProgressAmount to stack "Progress"'
> But not 'send "ProgressUpdate "theProgressAmount" to stack "Progress"'
> There is a problem with quotes here :-)

Sorry, this was just a typeo on my part. It works fine on the Mac.

> If you could send the code in ProgressUpdate, it would be easier to
> help you...

The code is here, this in in the Progress Bar Script:

--  HandleProgressUpdate
on HandleProgressUpdate theMessageID,theMessageKind,theMessageData
   local myMessageData

   put ISMDecodeMessage(theMessageData,"String,") into myMessageData
   set the thumbPosition of me to (0 + myMessageData)
end HandleProgressUpdate

This works fine on a Mac.

The code is here, this in in the Caption Field Script:

--  HandleProgressSetCaption
on HandleProgressSetCaption theMessageID,theMessageKind,theMessageData
   local myMessageData

   put ISMDecodeMessage(theMessageData,"String,") into myMessageData
   set the text of me to myMessageData
end HandleProgressSetCaption

All the Best
Dave