Problem with closing Windows App

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Nov 14 12:12:42 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 9:12 AM, Charles Szasz wrote:

> I can quit my Windows application with the Quit command and restart
> again
> with no problem. But if I quit the program by using the red "X" in
> the upper
> right corner of the application window, and try to start the
> program again
> using a shortcut or actually double clicking on the exec. file, the
> program
> will NOT start unless I reboot Windows. This is peculiar  because the
> program is no longer in the bar at the bottom of the screen.
>
> I am using Windows XP, OS X 10.4.11, Revolution 2.8.1 built 472 and
> Parallels Build 3214.
>
> Does anybody have a suggestion how to correct this problem?
> --

When I have run into this problem I have solved it by including this
in the stack script of your mainstack (the stack you are using to
create the standalone):

  on closeStack
    if the short name of this stack is the name of me then
      quit
     end if
  end closeStack

This sends a quit message whenever the mainstack is closed, or in the
case of a standalone, whenever the "engine" stack is closed.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University